Cavity-Free Kids Program
We want you and your kids to have the healthiest smiles around!
Tooth decay is the most widespread chronic disease that affects children and the most common unmet healthcare need.
Untreated oral disease can have a lasting impact on overall health, social and emotional development, and a young child’s ability to succeed in school.
Our Cavity Free Kids Program is committed to improving the oral health of pregnant women and young children through improved access to care, advocacy, and education for all.
We want to show kids that the hard work of regular brushing, flossing, and minimizing sugary foods really pays off.
Our team is committed to helping children maintain healthy smiles with the Cavity Free Kids Team.
The Cavity Free Kids Program is a wonderful program that rewards children for demonstrating excellent home oral health care between their regular dental visits.
When children come into the office without cavities, they are able to join this cool program!
First, children receive a fun prize and a special certificate of membership.
Second, our staff also takes a picture of their beautiful smile to display on the membership wall in the office.
We want to showcase the children that have taken good care of their oral health and use them as positive role models for other young patients who visit our practice.
A Focus on Patient Education
- We focus on prevention with the goal of having all our kids as members of our Cavity Free Kids Team. Thanks to our friendly hygienists, many children learn their most important oral hygiene habits, including:
- How to avoid tooth decay
What is the Cavity-Free Kids Program?
Cavity Free Kids, is a program designed to improve oral health outcomes in expectant mothers and children.
Components of Cavity Free Kids Program include:
- Information about preventing dental disease in children
- Assessment of plaque distribution, diet, and fluoride exposure
- X-ray examination
- Salivary pH levels
- Assessment of the patient’s caries risk status
- Fluoride varnish application
- Case presentation and oral care planning
- Diet advice and oral hygiene coaching
- Clinical and home care management